Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Upgrading from 8.5 to 11 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
laurensb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote laurensb Replybullet Topic: Upgrading from 8.5 to 11
     Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 2:06am
Hello,
 
The company I am working at has a large number of reports that have been created using CR 8.5.
 
Due to a planned upgrade of the ERP system, CR needs to be upgraded to CR 11.
 
Will the reports that have been created seamlessly work with CR 11 or do I need to somehow convert them, and if so, how?
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 6:19am
I haven't done this, but I would suspect that they should upgrade OK.  We are upgrading from 11 to 2008, and when you save in 2008, it says that it's format only goes back to 9...so 11 should go back a tad further.
 
Maybe someone else has more accruate info.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 8:09am
Actually II reports will go back to 9 also, but you can got from 8.5 to 11.  We have done this in a few cases with no issues other than dealing with connectiivity issues (old version of foxpro).
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
laurensb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote laurensb Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:35pm

Thanks! I'll commence the upgrade and will let you know if I run into any trouble, although based on your answers I do not suspect so.

Cheers!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum