Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Page Overflow Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ashfaq
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote ashfaq Replybullet Topic: Page Overflow
     Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:04am

Hi

I am using Crystal Report XI.

I am having two subreports in my main report, each subreport having 30 lines (records).

In each page(main report) I want to display only 20 lines (10 lines for each subreport), so totally want to display this as 3 pages. I am using the formula like “RecordNumber mod 10 = 0” on New Page After option. Here the problem, I am getting first page perfectly but from second onwards it’s over write the existing lines. How do I resolve this? Am I using the right methods? Or is there other method to get this? Can any one please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your valuable help.

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:16am
Are the each of the subreports in their own section or are they in the same section.  If they are in the same section then lines can be overwritten.
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
ashfaq
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote ashfaq Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:30am
Thanks for your reply.
I am having subreport on the same section. If i put the subreport on different section then it will displaying 10 lines per page . so totally it will have six pages.
How do i resolve this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:33am
Are you doing a new page after each section?  From what I can tell, you would only want a new page after the second subreport.
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
ashfaq
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote ashfaq Replybullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 3:35am

Hi Kevlray

Thanks for your reply.

Since I am new to crystal report I can’t pick up what you are saying above and also I am confusing whether I described my problem in right way or not. So I want to explain this little more.

I am using 2 sub reports in my main report. One is located Groupfooter A and another one is located on Groupfooter B. I would like to get each and every page only 20 records (10 records from first subreport and 10 from second subreport). Assume if subreport1 having 20 records and subreport2 having 20. then in the first main page I want to display only 20 records ( 10 from subreport1 and 10 from subreport2) and the second page also I want to display only 20 records( 10 records from each subreport).

Can you please tell me which section I need to put these subreports and how do I get this format?

 

Thank you so much for your help

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 4:33am
I am not sure what you are trying to accomphish is possible.   I cannot think of a way to 'interrupt' the printing of a subreport so that you can print records from another subreport. 
 
Page breaks are possible in a variety of ways, but this would involve stopping the printing of the first subreport, printing 10 lines from the second report and then generating a page break.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum