Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report GroupFooterSection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Lennie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Lennie Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report GroupFooterSection
     Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:24pm
Hi Good Guys,  Star
I need your help. Please help me.
 
I am using VBNET2008 to generate Crystal Report for the users. Being a newbie, I am having problem with the GroupFooterSection to display the total SalesPrice belonging to the same Merchant.
 
In the CrystalReport1.rpt
The GroupHeaderSection is by MerchantID.
Under the GroupFootSection, I managed to use the  RunningTotalField option to display the Total Transactions. But I failed to display the Total SalesPrice.
 
These are the field names from data table
DataTable1.MerchantID
DataTable1. OrderDate
DataTable1.SalesPrice    <----problem with this
 
Please show me the procedure steps to total the SalesPrice and display it.
 
Thank you very much. Appreciate your help
 
Cheers, Tongue
Lennie


Edited by Lennie - 15 Mar 2010 at 11:26pm

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 3:26am
if all sales are allowed in the sum (not skipping any records) then you can use a formula or the automated summation (Greek Sigma, looks like an E sorta) to basically execute this function:
 
SUM({DateTable1.SalesPrice},{DateTable1.MerchantID})
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Lennie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:43am
Hi Lockwell,
Thank you very much for your suggestions.    
 
Regardng this formula :SUM({DateTable1.SalesPrice},{DateTable1.MerchantID})
 I have tried it earlier and while Click on the Save and Close option it generate this error message:
 
"A number, currency amount, boolean, date,time, date-Time, or string is expected here."
 
 This is the procedures I have taken to create the Display Field for the Total SalesPrice:
 
On the Left side of the screen, under the Field Explorer Menu option
- Right Click and select NEW
- Under Create Running Total Field Dialog screen,
             select SALESPRICE for the Field to summarize.
 
- Evaluate
    select On Change of Group    [ Group #1: DataTable1.MerchantID ]
 
- Reset
   On change of Group                [ Group #1: DataTable1.MerchantID
 
 
I am very puzzled by the Error Message because the SALESPRICE datatype is MONEY  Shocked
 
The CrystalReport Datasource is from DataSet1.XSD
 
 
 
 
 


Edited by Lennie - 16 Mar 2010 at 10:10am

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:18am
I will pop in here as I know Lockwelle loves RTs Wink
 
If you want to use an RT for this
Create a RT as 'MerchantTotal'
Field to summarize=salesprice
Type of Summary=SUM
Evaluate=For each Record
Reset=On change of group (select Group 1)
Place in the Group1 Footer (or detail section to watch it incriment by row)
RTs do not work in headers


Edited by DBlank - 16 Mar 2010 at 10:19am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:21am
Yeah, DBlank knows me too well....I am a formula with shared variables instead of running totals.
IP IP Logged
Lennie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:42pm
Hi Good Guys DBland and LockWelle,  Hug
 
I am so glad to meet both of you here. You guys are just awesome and so generous in sharing information with me. I really appreciate that very much.
 
Regarding DBLand suggestion i quote: "Type of Summary=SUM"
 
I am using CrystalReport 9 and at the Type of Summary dropdown list their is no SUM option. Because of it's absent, I am struggling as I am new toCyrstal Report
 
The Crystal Report data source is from DATASET1.XSD which VBNET.2008 fill it with Data whose DataType is according to the original DataType in the SQL SERVER 2000.
 
BDland, what is the meaning of RT ?
 
------------------------------------
 
I am using Crystal Report 9. Having problem using FIELD TO SUMMARIZE whole dropdown list does not have SUM option.  Does that mean that I have to down load  the Service  Package to upgrade the Crysal Report ?
 
 
 
 
Please help me. Thanks.
 


Edited by Lennie - 16 Mar 2010 at 12:53pm

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 2:26pm
RT is just shorthand for Running Total.
The summary types that appear in the drop down list are defined by the data type that you are summarizing. Since you are not getting SUM as a type of summary option it means that field is not numeric (or currency) and probably is a string/text field.
This also explains this:
Regardng this formula :SUM({DateTable1.SalesPrice},{DateTable1.MerchantID})
 I have tried it earlier and while Click on the Save and Close option it generate this error message:
 
"A number, currency amount, boolean, date,time, date-Time, or string is expected here
 
 
Try creating a formula field to convert the field to currency and then you sum the formula field.
Formula called 'SalesCurrency' as:
ccur({DateTable1.SalesPrice}
 
Now in the RT you created earlier you should be able to change the field to summarize from SalesPrice to this formula field {@SalesCurrency} and then select SUM as the summary type.
Did that work?


Edited by DBlank - 16 Mar 2010 at 3:37pm
IP IP Logged
Lennie
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Lennie Replybullet Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:37pm
Hi Awesome DBlank,  Thumbs%20Up
 
Thank you very very much for the information. I have learned alot from it and now the coding is working and Crystal Report runs very well.
 
I appreciate you and Lockwelle generousity in sharing information. I would love to come to you guys again later on when I tried to learn more of automating Crystal Reports using VBNET 2008.

Have a Good Day,

Cheers,
Lennie
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum