Hello.
I am creating a report with a bar graph on it, in Crystal XI, that will display the total dollar amount of scrapped parts within a given week. I want the chart to be monthly, so it will either be displaying 4 or 5 weeks at a time. I have a field established already that gives me the total cost of each scrapped part. The user selects the date ranges that they are interested in seeing and the graph displays the total cost of the scrapped part for each particular date range, in this case the ranges are a week at a time. Now, there are occasions when the user will not need to select a date range in each of the five week selections, for instance at the beginning of a month, or if there is missing data for a particular week or so on. Now, for the occasions when a date range will not be selected, the default date of 2000/01/01 is to be used. Right now, the report and the graph function like I want except for one thing. I want the graph to be spaced out as if there were five bars displayed every time. Right now, if only one week is selected, I get a very wide single bar. If five weeks are selected, I get 5 bars at the correct width that I'm looking for.
Is there a way that I can get the graph to not display a bar, as if the value is $0.00, and label that bar as "no data" if that particular week is not used in the parameter?