Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Page number repeats Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Topic: Page number repeats
     Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 10:15am
I have the following report layout.
Page Header a - g
Group Header 1 - 7
Details a - f in group 7
 
Details c, d, and e include subreports that are suppressed if blank.  I have turned off  the "keep together" for the subreports so that they would flow over to addtional pages as needed.  My problem now is that i have a 3 page report.  On page 1, the subreport flows to page 2 correctly, but when it prints, the page number (located in my page header a) prints page 1 twice, then page 2.  I end up with 3 printed pages, labeled page 1, page 1, and page 2.   Between physlcal pages 2 and 3 the same subreport is printing.
 
What am I missing?
 
Thanks in advance.
Doug
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 11:02am

Double check your your section expert and make sure you did not accidently check 'Reset Page Number after' as TRUE for any f your various sections.

IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 12:50pm
I checked that setting on all sections and on all subreports.  It is not checked.  The strange thins is it is only page 1 that duplicates.  The same sections can print on other pages and the pages numbers work ok.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
Dose it do the same thing if you drop it on the page footer?

Edited by DBlank - 11 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:25pm
Yes
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:56pm
I cannot seem to replicate the problem...
I personally hate putting subreports on detail rows. The possibility the subreport running a million times bothers me so I try to always put them in headers or footers to limit the posibility but I know that is not always feasible.
If you move these to a header does that change anything? Just grasping at something here....
IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:42pm
Moving a subreport to a header or footer did not change the result.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:54pm
Sorry, I am at a loss. I will sleep on it but if anyone else has an idea please jump in here.
IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 3:01pm

I appreciate the help. 

IP IP Logged
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 4:43pm
I found the problem.  I will try not to be too confusing with the solution.
 
The report has a supressed header that also includes a subreport.  The subreport is a conditional suppression, but prints a static report that is 2 pages when it does run.  There was a reset page number after the report header (causing page 1 to print on physical page 1 and physical page 2).  I just added conditions to the reset to only reset when the subreport prints.
 
Thanks again for your time this afternoon.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum