Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: New to CR - Suppress Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Kathy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Kathy Replybullet Topic: New to CR - Suppress
     Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:13am
I am pulling info from E2.  I have a report that lists empl code, ticket date, empl name and comments.  In the comments field I put things like late, excused, unexcused, etc...  The report lists all 72 employees
 
What I want to do is if the comment field is blank, do not list the employee at all.  Most of the time I only have 6 to 10 employees with comments.  I only want these 6 to 10 employees on my list.  How do I do this?Confused
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:23am
You can either exclude them using the select expert
 
Table.comments <>""
make sure to change the Excpetions to NULLS to Default for NULLS in the upper right hand of the select expert formula editor if you have NULLS instead of empty strings ("")
 
 
or you can conditionally suppress row on the same criteria.


Edited by DBlank - 10 Mar 2010 at 11:23am
IP IP Logged
Kathy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Kathy Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:53am

Thanks for the info but it will not let me pick Table.comments in the select expert.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:09pm

Since i do not know your table names or field names it was a way to communicat for you to ppick the table and field that stores your comments.

Does that help?
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 11:58am
Maybe... YourtableName.comments    might help clear things up.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum