Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress blank for the fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
nav1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nav1 Replybullet Topic: Suppress blank for the fields
     Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 10:15am
Hi,
 
I am trying to suppress blank space in each row in the detail section. Here is my report looks like. I have a Line object after each row. I would like to suppress blank space if 'test3' or 'test4' is null. I tried with these following formulas, but it didn't work.
{RptCon.DEL_4} = ""
 isnull({RptCon.DEL_4})
 
Also I tried to embed these fields into TEXT object and selected 'Suppress embed fields blank lines'.
Please let me know how to handle this situation. Thank you for any ideas.
 
1          test1                    10
            test2                    20
            test3                    30
            test4                    40
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:19pm
Not sure what you mean by 'suppress blank space'.  Do you want to suppress the row if {RptCon.DEL_4} is null? If so, two things.  One, check to see if in the Options that 'Convert Database NULL Values to Default' is checked (Just to be on the safe side, I always make a test formula to see that the ISNULL is working with the field I am working with).  2. In the section expert, for the section that you want to supress, click on the formula for Suppress and enter 'isnull({RptCon.DEL_4})' (for whatever field you want to check for).  This should suppress that section if the isnull evaluates to true.
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
nav1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote nav1 Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 7:28am
Thanks for the reply. It didn't work if I check 'Convert Database NULL Values to Default'. It's suppressing entire record.  Here is my report. I have an 'ID', 'names' and 'values' columns.
 
ID                  Names                                   Values
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1                    test1(IFieldObject)                        10
                      test2 (IFieldObject)                       20
                      test3 (IFieldObject)                       30
                      test4 (IFieldObject)                       40
 
I am trying to suppress last two rows when there is no values. In this example 'test3', '30', 'test4' and '40' field objects.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum