Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Need data from Two Tables in the details section Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 10:42am
Hi,
I need to generate report whre I take the data from Two tables but need to show in the details one by one. e.g. I have to pull the data from Purchase Order and Purchase Order History table. the data is sorted by date and It should look like -
Report Header
Page Header
Record 1 from Purchase Order
Record 2 From Purchase order History
Record 3 From Purchase order History
Record 4 From Purchase order
Page Footer
Report footer
The Records appearing in the Details section shown above are sorted by date and can be from any of the two tables based on date. I cannot join the two tables as that would not be helpful in above scenario. THe two tables have to be separate.
Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 11:26am
Thanks for the reply... what you are suggesting that -
Detail section A - Put Purchase order
Details Section B - Put Subreport for Purchase Order History
But in this case isn't the report will print all the records in one section and then start printing the records from second section (i.e. from sub-report?)
Please corrct me if my consideration is wrong...
I need to print the mixed records from both the tables (with some own logic)....
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 1:07pm
I think if you group by date (keep table A info in details), put the subreport in the group footer and link by date, then it should work. Seems like I had to do something similiar to this.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum