Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Data Display Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Topic: Data Display Problem
     Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 1:59pm
Hi all

Crystal V9

developing reports with VB6 and a report viewer

I am currently trying to display a report from VB6 app using a stored procedure for data in sql server 2000. The report runs in CR using a view for data source (don't ask it is the way it is set up). the view's query is replicated in the stored proc, which has in addition a where clause and various parameters for restricting the report data etc.

The report runs fine from sql server query analyser if I do this:

exec Report '@parameter'

It also displays data fine in CR if I again use select expert and restrict by the parameter value but in VB app it will not show any data. I do know it is getting data because if I do not use the parameter value in report viewer it shows 'Nothing to Print'. If I use parameter value it shows just the report and no data.

The reports are saved in a subversioned directory holding the whole VB app. I save the reports (from CR) to a reports folder then using VB app press an upload button which puts them in the source folder. I then pick the report from a drop down list and press a preview button.

There are actually 3 reports but they are for all intents and purposes the same just now (query wise) but only one displays the data.

I cannot think of anything that would be causing this problem and need to ask if anyone here can suggest anything I can check, thanks.

G



IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum