Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sending parameter data to Oracle Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Subroto
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Location: Qatar
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Subroto Replybullet Topic: Sending parameter data to Oracle
     Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 10:32pm
Hi,
 
I would like to know if it is by anymeans possible to write/send back data to Oracle 10g database from CR XI.
 
Any help will be greatly appreciated...
 
Thanks in advance...
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 6:24am
normally I would say no, but if you use a stored proc, you can use it to update/insert data into a database. 
 
If you are not using a stored proc, you might be able to use a command object but...
 
I don't like to alter data in a database, but if it was something like when and by whom a report was run, I would probably be ok with it.
IP IP Logged
Subroto
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2010
Location: Qatar
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Subroto Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:31am
Hi Lockwelle....
 
Thank you for the reply.  Atleast I know now it is possible to send data back using the described methods by you.  As you said...  its only for like "a person running/authorising the report"  and not changing the data itself in the database.
 
Thank you once again..... will try and figure out the rest.....
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum