Joined: 04 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Topic: ADD numbers stored as string Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 10:20pm
I need help in summing the values in a field that is seperated by commas. The numbers are stored as string so I think I will need to convert the value to number after I have seperated each value. For example:
2589.32,45897.12,4578,7893.03 =>(2589.32+45897.12+4578 +7893.03) =60957.47
1235.02 ,45933.12,0,0,0,0,10.05 => (1235.02+45933.12+0+0+0+0+10.05) =47190.07
how would you suggest i go about creating a function to get the sum of each field? do crystal have a built in function that i could use to calculate this for me?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum