Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR v10 Subreports causing issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
huddy33
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote huddy33 Replybullet Topic: CR v10 Subreports causing issues
     Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 1:25pm
I have a report that shows several fields, including a field total (currency) and is grouped by quarter, then status, then projectID.  In each footer, there are sums on this currency field, depending on grouping.  I recently had to add a subreport into this report showing changes made to the project, linking the sub by projectID.  This is now causing each sum to add in as many rows as are in the Project_Changes table.

See example pic to show how there is only one projectID, but twolines of change data in the subreport.  The field I'm trying to calculate on shows $42K, but in the group's subtotals, it's showing as $84K because of the two lines of change data in the subreport.

How can I fix this?


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:58am
doesn't make sense.  a subreport doesn't return any data (in a simple design) to the main report...the main report doesn't really know about the subreport. 
 
Did you link the project_changes table into the report?  If so, that is probably causing the issue, and the subreport is just a red herring.  The subreport needs to reference the project_change table, but not the main report.
 
If the main report doesn't join/reference the table, then I don't currently have any idea as to what is happening.
IP IP Logged
huddy33
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 54
Quote huddy33 Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 8:27am
I did have the main table referenced in the report, that was the issue.  Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum