Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Topic: Combining multiple results from one field Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 4:24am
Hi,
I have the following results and I want to combine the data from one databse field into one field on the report.
REF
DATA
1606722
unable to connect, called site engaged
1606722
constantly engaged think phone is off the hook
1606722
engaged
1606722
called site spoke to they will call back if there is any problems
I want to display this as
REF
DATA
160672
unable to connect, called site engaged, constantly engaged think phone is off the hook, engaged,called site spoke to they will call back if there is any problems
I can see a lot of posts regarding combining data from 2 seperate database fields eg {table.field}&" "{table.field} but not all results from the same field? I have tried grouping on the data but this doesn't show all the results. I am a bit of a novice though? Some help would be appreciated.
Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 7:34am
When grouping by ref, the data in the details section are in on a seperate line, I need all the data in the same field or cell (not sure what it is called)
I have never used Underlay so not exaclty sure how to go about doing that. basically I need the following displayed,
REF in column 1 cell 1 and {all data results} in column 2 cell 1
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 7:52am
Witht the Underlay, you sorta get that result. If you look at the section expert at your group level and mark the checkbox for the underlay. Then the REF will appear with the first line of the detail, DATA (assuming one grouping). I am not sure if this will get what you want, but it should be close.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 8:06am
You have to use a formula field with variables placed in the group footer to do this. Not my forte but there are a lot of instances of it on this site (lockwelle usually answers these so look for his name).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum