Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group by Sort by Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
OKsoccer24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote OKsoccer24 Replybullet Topic: Group by Sort by Help
     Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 12:20pm
I have a table the has a row for each sale of an item.  I put the item and the amount sold in details.  I group by the Items sold to get a sum for amount for each item sold.  I want to sort the group by Highest total sales to least.  How can I do this in XIR2?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:11pm

If you did the SUM using the INsert SUmmary then use the Group Sort Expert and set it to use the SUm as the sort and set your N value to a higher value than the total number of groups you have

IP IP Logged
OKsoccer24
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote OKsoccer24 Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:22pm
The sum is not an available selection in the Record Sort Expert.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm
Not Record Sort
Group Sort Expert (The blue chart with a red arrow pointing up next to the group Expert button).
It will be greyed out if there is no valid value to use.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum