Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Name Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TREQQER
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote TREQQER Replybullet Topic: Group Name Fields
     Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:53pm
I am working with Crystal Reports Basic in MS Visual Studio 2008.

I've created a report where I've inserted group fields in the report header section. These group fields should display learning positions each student has worked on. The same group field is inserted into the Details section.

The problem is that the same student position is repeated in the report header section, whereas different positions are displayed in the details section. So I'd like to know how to display different positions in the RH section.

Thanks everyone!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:02am
the report header, only prints once per report. It will use the value from the first record, generally.  If you have a subreport that runs before the report, you could return the values via a shared variable so that it can be reported in the report header.
 
Standard Note: I don't like subreports as they degrade a report's performance.  You can usually achieve the same functionality by using a stored proc/view and asking it to assemble the information that you need, thereby only hitting the database 1 time.  If the database is small, or the report doesn't retrieve much data, this might be a moot point. Just things to keep in mind.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum