Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Saved data will be discarded error Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Topic: Saved data will be discarded error
     Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 6:53am
Hi All,
 
I am atempting to correct this error I get when I open the crystal.
 
"The Saved data will be discarded since one or more formulas failed to compile."
 
I have 2 formulas (bdate and edate) that are simply date formulas. I see the field in the field explorer, I can browse the data fine so I dont have any idea why it is telling me the formula is unknown.
 
Please help! Thanks!
 
btw, this is Crystal XI
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:06am
It isn't saying that the formula is unknown, it says that it couldn't compile.  I would have said that there was syntax error in the formula, but CR doesn't like to save formulas with syntax error.  It could be that there some value missing, which renders the formula unable to be evaluated from the saved data.
 
Just a thought.  From a privacy stand point, I don't save the data with my reports.  This way if someone opens the report, they don't see data from someone else's run.  I would suspect that the reports are smaller...must be if they don't have data.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:52am

Well that is the rub...

The report (and each subreport) is NOT set to save the data.
 
I'm checking under FILE menu, the Save Data with Report in not checked. 
 
Here is one of the formulas it does not like:
 
NumberVar  TheYear    :=toNumber(MID( {Plan_Synoptic.BEGINDATE},1,4));
NumberVar  TheMonth  :=toNumber(MID( {Plan_Synoptic.BEGINDATE},5,2));
NumberVar  Theday      := toNumber(MID( {Plan_Synoptic.BEGINDATE},7,2));
Date(TheYear,TheMonth,TheDay)


Edited by Getch - 19 Feb 2010 at 7:55am
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 10:31am
Is there any chance that the {Plan_Synopic.BEGINDATA} could be null in the database, if so that could cause the issue.
 
Lots of luck.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum