Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to stop field from growing horizontally Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
naglapa
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote naglapa Replybullet Topic: How to stop field from growing horizontally
     Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:13am
Hi all,
 
I am new to crystal reports. I am using crystal XI. I have a doubt. Can you please help me?
 
I have a database field which is very long , so it is overlapping with the next field. I cant use Can Grow option because it is growing vertically and while exporting it is taking many rows. So is there any way to stop the field to grow horizontally.
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 5:12am
I don't believe there is an option for the field to grow horizontally. Field widths are determined by the size you make them. If it is overlapping on another field, then so will the text. Try resizing the width of the field or moving some fields around to get it to look the way you want it to.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 7:08am
I have recently seen similar results as you describe (vertical growth) in my reports when viewing via crystal viewer rather than the the report preview.
I do not know how to turn this feature on or off as I think it is an unexpected result in the viewer.
In your case with these exceptionally long strings I think I would replace the field with a formula field that trims it to a set amount of characters
Left(field, length)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum