Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Several sub reports in container report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mrs Robinson
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Mrs Robinson Replybullet Topic: Several sub reports in container report
     Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 5:21am
Hello
 
I have an almost blank "container" report (eg 2009.rpt), and would like to add 12 unlinked sub reports (eg Jan, Feb, Mar etc). The trouble arises as each subreport (Jan etc)has a sub-report within it (passing variable totals to it's main report). When I add these 12 reports (Jan, Feb etc) to my main blank (2009.rpt) report, the variables are not passed through to the main reports (Jan, Feb, Main).
 
Is it possible to use sub reports within sub reports etc?
 
Any advice would be greatfully received.
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:10am
I'm not the expert on this, but from reading around this site and trying for myself, you cannot do a sub report within a sub report.
IP IP Logged
Mrs Robinson
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Mrs Robinson Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:13am
Thanks for this reply - it's what I expected, but I was just being optimistic
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:59am

Yes, you cannot have sub-reports within subreports, but the real question is why variable values are not being passed back to the main report.  I have had several subreports in a main report and by using shared variables, I have always been able to have the values passed back to the main report ?!?

IP IP Logged
Mrs Robinson
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Mrs Robinson Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:07am
Sorry - I didn't make myself clear. The variable values are being passed back to the main report - but- this main report is itself a sub report of another main report; and it's at that point the variables are not appearing in the first level sub report.
 
I've accepted this way was never going to work and addressed the problem in another way
 
Thank you
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum