Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Label Aliasing/Edit Axil Label not saving Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: Label Aliasing/Edit Axil Label not saving
     Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:09pm
I have a pretty simple bar chart report with two sets of data. The two values I am using are summary values. So my legends at the right of the chart is showing something like "Sum of @products" . I have changed this by right clicking on the item and choosing "Edit Axis Label". This brings up the Label Aliasing box where I can change the label. That works initially, but after I save exit and open the report again the previous field names are showing again and my aliases have disappeared.  How can can make this change permanent?  I am using version XI R2 if that matters.

Thanks,

Flanman
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 1:01pm
What version are you using?
I have not had problems with this reverting back to original names (altering as you described).
You could create a formula field using the language you want and the SUM value and place it below the chart...
 
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 1:48pm
I am using version XI R2.  The one thing I noticed when making the above changes are they were in the preview mode. I could not make any changes to the legends from the design view. Is there a way to do it from there? That is probably where my issue is.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 2:09pm

You would make the changes in preview modeas you were.

Is this graph on a group header/footer? If so are yo making the change and applying it to the template or the instance?
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 2:26pm
The graph is in the a group footer. The data is in the group header, and the graph is in the group footer.  Not sure if I am applying the changes to template or instance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 2:36pm

Just to clarify you are right clicking on the text value in the legend, selecting "Edit Axis Label" option, then typing in the new value in the Displayed Label section.

And you do not have save data with report on.
I think each time you open the report it has to recalculate the value for the legend and therefore it will not keep any of your overwritten text in it.
I think you can over write the Chart Title and Axis titles and they will stick but not the legend.


Edited by DBlank - 05 Feb 2010 at 2:38pm
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 8:03am
DBlank,
  I am doing exactly that.  I ended up just deleting the legend and then creating my own with custom titles and coloring.  No biggie, but I found it strange that CR did not give an option to permanently modify labels.
IP IP Logged
zippon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Location: China
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote zippon Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 2:52pm
Hi flanman, I met exactly the same problem with you, and finally, I fix it like this:
After change the label, right click on the chart, choose chart expert -> apply to group template->OK.
 
I'm working on crystal 2008, hope this works for you.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum