Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Trouble with a summary Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Eldab
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Eldab Replybullet Topic: Trouble with a summary
     Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 6:42am
I'm trying to summarized data on travel and work hours on some jobs.  When I select the insert summary and tell it to sum the travel hours in the report footer it gives me some unreal number.  I went back through the jobs and manually totaled up the hours in the report just to verify it and I know that the summary is wrong.  How can I troubleshoot this?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:28am
Are you suppressing rows (e.g. duplicated rows due to a join)?
Suppressed data is still included in summarized data.
You can address this by using Running Totals or shared variables.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:29am
Have you tried using a running total and put that running total on the detail line so that you can see that it is adding correctly?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum