Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group without sorting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
coolzero
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote coolzero Replybullet Topic: Group without sorting
     Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 3:14am
Every time I group data, they will automatically be sorted in ascending which I dont want, In Group Expert options if I change to original order, data will display row by row without grouping which I dont want as well.
 So my question is how I can group data and they display in original order same as in my database without doing any sorting method, thanks a lot. Sorry for my bad English.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:25am
You cannot group and not sort. the fact that you are grouping alters the data row orders.
You can alter the sort in a group but it must be sorted.


Edited by DBlank - 02 Feb 2010 at 8:25am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:32am

You must want some order, otherwise, why bother to group it.

I don't want to say that you must sort a group, but if the data is not ordered originally, then grouping without an order is as good as not grouping.
 
Just another way of saying what DBlank said.
IP IP Logged
coolzero
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote coolzero Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:16pm
Hmmm :(.  so I think need to find other way to solve it
Anw, thanks for your answers =D
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum