Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text is cut off, Help!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Leckster
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Leckster Replybullet Topic: Text is cut off, Help!!
     Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:03am
Cry  CR XI Professional - My report only shows the first 255 characters in a description field, the remaining text is cut off. 
 
I am using an excel spreadsheet for my database (excel 2003)  I have a description column in excel.  Some of the excel cells have 300-400 characters other cells have 100 characters.  The smaller cells show all text in CR but the large cells are cut off at 255. 
 
Crystal XI settings - Can Grow Checked - Number of lines set to 0 (unlimited).
 
How can I get CR to read all characters from the excel spreadsheet??
 
I run reports which connect to ODBC databases and they show all text which is well over 1000 characters this seems to be an issue when using Excel as a database.
 
Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:35am
I just tested using the Access/Excel (DAO) connection and it is working fine for me.  I am CR XI Professional, SP2.  Not sure where the issue is.
IP IP Logged
Leckster
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Leckster Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 1:02pm

What did you do??  I selected Access/Excel (DAO), what database type did you chose??

IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 1:06pm
Excel 8.0.  If that does not work for you, then you might try setting up an ODBC connection (not sure which ODBC driver works best).
 
Lots of luck.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum