Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: grouping??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
iselsrock36
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote iselsrock36 Replybullet Topic: grouping???
     Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 6:14am
My problem is i have a region called Montague - DH and Montague and first want top create a forumla to combine this together to give just one name which i have done ----if {Command.REGION}= "Queens Region - DH" or {Command.REGION} = "Queens Region Health" then "Queens Region Health"
else if {Command.REGION}= "Kings Health Region Montague - DH" or {Command.REGION} = "Kings Health Region Montague" then "Montague Region Health"
else if {Command.REGION}= "Kings Health Region Souris - DH" or {Command.REGION} = "Kings Health Region Souris" then "Souris Region Health"
else if {Command.REGION}= "East Prince Health - DH" or {Command.REGION} = "East Prince Health" then "East Prince Health"
else
{Command.REGION}
but how do i get the records to group together.The report is just dropping the DH records and not counting them and including them in the overall count.
IP IP Logged
Chinho
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Chinho Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 8:12am
Hi iselrock,
 
I dont think I understand your questions. Maybe you can put it in simpler?
 
Chinho
IP IP Logged
iselsrock36
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote iselsrock36 Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Chinho

Hi iselrock,
 
I dont think I understand your questions. Maybe you can put it in simpler?
 
Chinho
Ok Lets say i have a country called "PEI" and people are entering some data into the database called PEI and others are entering PEI-DH and I want to combine the PEI records and the PEI-DH records as one.So first i want to show on my report just the word PEI and all the records for PEI and PEI-DH must fall under PEI.So in my prevoius forumla I can rename PEI and PEI -DH but the records for PEI are not being included.How would i do that.I hope this is a little easier.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum