Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Finding out the IP address from the description Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:52pm
Hi Team,
I'm having one field name called "Description", it does't contain fixed lenght data. With in this I want to take out the IP address and should show it in one column.
I tried substring and split function options, but these are only for fixed length data.. do we have any other option to find out this?? plz help
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 11:42am
as far as I know, neither substring nor split cares about length. The issue is being able to find the data that you want and determining where that data ends. Instr() should be able to find the start of the information, maybe the end as well, Mid() can use the info from Instr() to select the piece of information that you are looking for.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum