Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: javascript in cr 11.5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mihirjoshi78
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mihirjoshi78 Replybullet Topic: javascript in cr 11.5
     Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 1:44pm

Hello Guys !!

I am back again with a very ridiculous problem..that I am facing since quite long.
 
I have a report which has a picture like icon on it in the detail section for specific values like "Yes" or "No" that gets suppressed if the value is "No" and gets enabled when value is "Yes". Now here goes my problem.
 
I have also added a hyperlink on this pic icon. when user clicks on it, it goes to "abc.aspx" web page already published on our webserver. What I want is when that "abc.aspx" page gets loaded on any browser for instance say Internet explorer (IE), it should get displayed like a dialog box instead of entire new browser window. When I say dialog box, it should not have any menubar, should not be resizable, should have scrollbars, no statusbar and toolbar as it normally appears in an IE browser window. In short, it should be plane window without any additional tools on it.
 
For that, I had written down below code on my pic hyperlink to enable that functionality:
 
"javascript: window.open(" + chr(39) + "http://myservername/abc.aspx" +
"?firmid=" + {Command.FIRM_ID} + chr(39) + "," + chr(39) + "My Window" + chr(39) + "," + chr(39) + "menubar=no, resizable=no, scrollbars=1, status=no, toolbar=no" +
chr(39) + ")"
 
This gives me an error mesg as below:
 
"Internet Explorer cannot download
Unspecified error"
 
But when I directly put a code like
"http://myservername/abc.aspx" in my pic hyperlink. Then click on the link from the report, does populate the web page in a new IE Browser Window.
 
So my concern here is how to run javascripts like above in crystal report. Has anybody tried out such options before? Is there any workaround or solution to run javascripts some other way?
 
Please help..or this problem may kill my job...its like a hanging sword on my head just now...Thanks a lot in advance...
 
Mihir.
 
Every man is an architect of his own fortune
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum