Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Non-Crystal Subreports? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Doug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Doug Replybullet Topic: Non-Crystal Subreports?
     Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:15am

I am using Crystal 10 and have a crystal report pulling data from my ERP system.  I want to include a subreport that will only print based on certain criteria.  I can handle  the criteria and suppression.  The question I have is -  the subreport is static data, and it will not change frequently.  Can I have a subreport that is actually a word document?  I don't want to have to maintain it in Crystal if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:13am
I suppose you could.   You can import an OLE object (i.e. Word document) into the report, thus giving you what you want.  I think you will still need to have db value on the report for it to show (someone help me out with this).
 
I hope this helps.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum