Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Mass Update Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
scafrithuric
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote scafrithuric Replybullet Topic: Mass Update Reports
     Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 3:51pm
I recently inherited maintenance of an application, sql server db, and 1000+ related reports. The db has grown organically over the years and I would like to do some cleanup that at a minimum clarifies some table and field names. I am comfortable managing these changes in code and sql, but the volumn of reports gives me pause.

I have CRXIr2. The reports use what I expect is the basic construction of linked tables, rather than using command objects, views, or sprocs.

I searched how to mass update reports and found:

http://www.softwareforces.com/Produc...tInspector.htm

I would like to know if that is my only viable choice, if there are competitive products, or if there is some clever built in functionality or hack I can use.

Thank you,
Karl
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 6:16am
I only heard of .rpt a few months ago, until then I didn't know of any way to do mass updates.  I haven't used it, but other have favorably.
 
As for hacks/built in functionality, none that I know of...just opening each rpt file and changing as needed...but 1000+ is way too many.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum