Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sorting Three Digit Numbers Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
EDJC
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote EDJC Replybullet Topic: Sorting Three Digit Numbers
     Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 2:15pm
I have a report that I developed that is pulling employee information to print time card labels.  The problem I have is that it is not reconizing three digit department numbers and prints labels in the following order:

10
11
21
222
223
23
24
255

I would appreciate any info you may provide me to correct this report.
Thank you,
Ed
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:25am
I know this is a kluge, but convert the digits to strings and add an '0' to the two digit numbers.
IP IP Logged
davejwhite
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Quote davejwhite Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 1:41am
Hi,
 
Don't know if you solved this.

I would create a formula
 
ToNumber({DeptNumber})
 
Then use this field to sort or group by
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum