Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Text object creation at run time Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pixelmeow
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pixelmeow Replybullet Topic: Text object creation at run time
     Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:10am
Hello all,

I'm converting a report from Actuate to CR XI. In Actuate, you can set the labels for the X axis of a chart to a field in the resultset. IE: amount of cases by month over a 13 month period. I need to be able to set the labels under each column to the name of the month they represent.

On top of that, there could be anywhere from 1 to 12 months on the chart, so I was thinking of having the report create text objects (or something) at run time. One problem with that is that the months could start anywhere, so you can't just do January to December. You could also have missing months. That's why I really need this to be part of the chart, if at all possible.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Teresa
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 1:08pm
I haven't worked a lot with charts, but I believe that if you set it up correctly, the labels will automatically read from your data and you won't have to do anything at run time to set them up.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
pixelmeow
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pixelmeow Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2010 at 6:36am
The only thing I get is a number under the column, "0 1 2 ..." up to however many columns there are (minus one, with the 0 first number), or the other two options, none of which have anything to do with the data.

I try right clicking on the chart and choosing Chart Options, then the Axes tab. I can't figure this out. The labels on the columns come out fine, it's just the ones on the axis.

Thanks!
Teresa
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum