I'm using SQL 2005 - Crystal 2008 for report design. An outside company manages the report server which is v9. (I had no say in any of the above).
I have designed a report in 2008 with 4 parameters, two of which I would like to be optional. The report works as designed on the local machine. Using a static parameter, the "Optional Parameter" is not acessible. Using "Dynamic Parameter" the min - max fields are not there, and I must enter a value, else CR 9 will error out.
I have tried using "HasValue", but CR 9 doesn't like that. I've tried "IS NULL" and "IF - Then" functions, but either CR 2008 or CR 9 returns nothing or errors out.
Questions:
1. When I attach the DB, CR2008 finds the Parameters in the SP, and greys out the "Optional Parameter" function. Is there a way to get CR 2008 to NOT attach to the SP Parameter, which would allow me to access "Optional Parameter"?
2. Is there a compatibility issues with CR 2008 and CR 9 that is causing my problem.
3. If a report designed in CR 2008 should work in CR 9, could you Please
give some directions on how to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance
Ernest