I have a report that contains one subreport. The main report and the subreport each have a parameter field that prompts the user for a date range {?month} and each report is grouped by {region}.
I'd like the user to be prompted for the {?month} twice: once for the main and once for the subreport (they will be different date ranges) and have all of the data grouped by {region}:
REGION1
*Main report header
main report records that are in main report date range
*Sub report header
subreport records that are in sub report date range
REGION2
*Main report header
main report records that are in main report date range
*Sub report header
subreport records that are in sub report date range
Currently, everything thing works correctly with the sorting (the main and sub-reports are linked by {region}, NOT the date range) and the subreport is in the {region} group footer in the main report.
The user, however, is only prompted for the date range of the subreport and then ALL of the records are pulled based on what the user enters; the user isn't prompted for both the main and subreport date range. I checked my record selection criteria for both reports and they look ok; if I remove the subreport, the user is prompted for a date range as expected, so I think I've done something wrong when adding the subreport.
Any ideas on what's happening? What am I missing?
Thanks!