Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to filter records from multiple details Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: How to filter records from multiple details
     Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:20am
I have a report where I am grouping by record ID, I am showing all fields except for one in the group header. There is one field I am showing in the details field as there can be several items in this field for each record ID. Below is an example

Record ID        Date         AccountName                    Supplies
1                  1/1/2010      Bob's plumbing                   bus
                                                                                   table
                                                                                   chair
                                                                                   tent
2                  1/15/2010     Tom's Auto                        table
                                                                                   Chairs.

what I am trying to do is filter on the supplies field so that if a record has for example "tent" that the whole record is skipped. However, what is happening is if I filter on the supplies field for "Tent" I still get record 1 on the report, but just the "Tent" entry is removed from the supplies list. What I am trying to accomplish is so if Supplies = tents then the complete record should not show on the report. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Bill


Edited by flanman - 06 Jan 2010 at 6:21am
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:48am
Ok I figured out my own solution. I created a formula along the lines of
If table.Supplies = "Tent" Then 1
Else 0
Put this in the details section and then did a summary by record ID.
I then created a filter on the summary for each record to only show records where the summary field = 0 and all is fine.
Just though I would share in case someone else needed same type of help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum