Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Dilemma with Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hegazy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote hegazy Replybullet Topic: Dilemma with Totals
     Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 7:46am
I have a dilemma. I have 2 sets of users (main and region). Main users (10 of them) show their information (ie, username, calls answered, tickets, opened, tickets closed, total tickets) and this is run every week. The {table.user} is already set in the formula record for only Main users.

However for the summary, I need to combine the Main Users and the Region Users (6 of them) and print out a total number of tickets opened.

Main users:
["james","kelly","tom","alfred","ashley","thomas","karla","carla","jim","don"]
Region user:
["marvin","xander","sean","mary","eric","tony"]

I have setup my formula field called all_open with the following code:

if {table.user} in["james","kelly","tom","alfred","ashley","thomas","karla","carla","jim","don","marvin","xander","sean","mary","eric","tony"] then 1 else 0

then I setup a running total OR insert summary. However, this only counts the Main users.

Is this because I hard coded {table.user} for Main Users only? If that is the case, how do I show on the report only Main Users information, but at the same time count total tickets between the 2 sets in the summary?

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 8:19am
When you say you 'hard coded' do you mean in the select expert you limited the values of table.user to your 10 Main users?
If so then that is all of the data that is in your report.
If you want to inlcude the other data (region workers) get rid of that select criteria.
If you want to only SEE the main users in the report you can conditionally suppress your report sections based on that criteria.
If you are gouping on the User field then in the sectino expert conditioanlly suppress the GH the Details and the GF sections with
NOT table.user in ["james","kelly","tom","alfred","ashley","thomas","karla","carla","jim","don"]
 
This will hide the other rows and groups (e.g.  ["marvin","xander","sean","mary","eric","tony"] )
 
Hiding rows does not exclude them from the counts or sums.
So now you can do a Summary of a field to get your total opened ticket count.


Edited by DBlank - 30 Dec 2009 at 8:20am
IP IP Logged
hegazy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote hegazy Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:20am

You are correct on "limited values" in table.user.

 
I got rid of the table.user from the select expert -->record , and went through the section expert as advised.
 
I am assuming you mean under the Supress (No Drill-Down), I put in the formula NOT table.user in.....   If so, it is saying "a boolean is required here". Any thoughts?
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:38am

parenth around it

NOT ({table.user} in ["james","kelly","tom","alfred","ashley","thomas","karla","carla","jim","don"])



Edited by DBlank - 30 Dec 2009 at 10:39am
IP IP Logged
hegazy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote hegazy Replybullet Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 10:45am

You are a gentleman and a scholar!

 
This works!
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum