Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to Supress Report Header in Report Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: How to Supress Report Header in Report Footer
     Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:20am
I have a report I needed to create with two different data sources. So I created two separate reports and made on a sub report of of the other and placed the sub report in the report footer of the of the first report. The problem I have the report headers from the first report appearing on all the pages of the sub report. How can I remove the header info?

Thanks,

Flanman
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:21am
oops I meant I have the Page Headers, not report headers repeating on the sub report pages in the report footer.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:56am

I can think of two ways to do this:

1.  In the suppression formula for the page header put OnLastRecord (do NOT check the supress box!)  The problem with this is that you may not get the page header if there's only one record from the main report on the last page.

2.  Are you grouping your data at all?  If so, try using a Group1 Header section instead of the Page Header.  Change the group to turn on "Repeat Group Header on Each Page."  If you have a header for that group that you don't want to repeat on every page, put it in a separate section then put this in the suppression formula for that section: InRepeatedGroupHeader (don't check the Suppress check-box!)
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 7:44am
The First Suggestion worked fine. I considered the group one header, and tried that, but it make the report look a little crowded.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum