Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Field to hold budget figures Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
colkas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote colkas Replybullet Topic: Field to hold budget figures
     Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:06am
I am connceted to our database and I am using a Cross Tab report to split the Sum of our actual sales by period (1 to 12).
 
I want to compare these against our Planned Budget figures but these are not in our database.  Is there a way I can add a text box (or something else) within Crystal that can hold each Planned figure, so I can then calcualate Planned against actual
 
I would prefer to insert this into the Cross Tab part to keep it tidy.  I tried adding in a text box but it did not like this.  Pleas help
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 6:19am

how are you getting the budget figures into the report? If the user is entering them, you can display the parameter value.

I haven't used cross tabs, as my company doesn't care for reports that way, so I may be completely off base.
IP IP Logged
colkas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote colkas Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 6:31am

The actual invoice totals are held in a SQL database.

The budget figures are held in an excel spreadsheet.
 
There is nowhere in the SQL databse to hold these figures.  What we trying to do is make the report like this
 
 
                 P1           P2       P3      etc
Actual      1000      200      300
Budget    900        200      400
 
Diff           -100      0          100
 
It does not ahve to a cross tab, but with the databse giving periods against amounts it seems to be the easiest way.  We cannot link the spreadsheet as it is not based on the server and they are reluctant to load excel there.
 
Hope this helps
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:14am

So how do you get the Budget figures into the report?

I can see why you chose cross tab, but if CR is not gathering the budget data, where is it coming from?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum