Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to filter by 2 settings on same report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Topic: How to filter by 2 settings on same report
     Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:13am
I have a report where I have a status ID of confirmed and tentative already setup in the select expert.
I have to now do some summarizing and totaling by each of these categories separately. I am stuck on how to do this. If I use the select expert and filter be only one I am in good shape, but need need to show both categories in the same report.

flanman



IP IP Logged
flanman
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Quote flanman Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
I guess I should do a little more searching before posting. I found my answer and it was actually pretty easy. All I had to do was create a formula for each status id like this.

If StatusID = 1 (Confirmed)
Then {table.recordvalue]
else 0

and then summarized by group.

I also had to do a count on one field with this filter so I changed to

If StatusID = 1 (Confirmed)
Then 1
else 0

and summarized again.

All set. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum