Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Only display X# of records by field name Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 3:40pm
Its hard for me to even know how to phrase this question, so I will use an example...
Here is my database table (my database is a single table, with a column for Date/Time, food, Drink, and Person):
Date/Time___________Food____Drink___Person
12/20/2009 1:00pm Apple___Coke____Dan
12/20/2009 1:30pm Orange__Pepsi___Pat
12/20/2009 2:00pm Pear____Milk____Dan
12/20/2009 2:15pm Bannan__Water___Sue
12/20/2009 3:00pm Cookie__Pepsi___Dan
12/20/2009 4:00pm Cerial__MTN_____Pat
12/20/2009 4:21pm Steak___Pepsi___Dan
12/20/2009 5:00pm Burger__Vodka___Sue
12/21/2009 1:00pm Chicken_Sprite__Sue
12/22/2009 1:00pm Ham_____Wine____Pat
I would like to do a parameter popup that allows the end user to choose the maximum results to be displayed for each Persons name...
So if there are 4 database entries that have "Dan" listed in the "person" column, and the end user Specifies "2" as the "Maximum per person" parameter, I'd like the report to hide all but the last 2 results for each person. So after the filter was applied, the same report as above would look like this:
I am already using parameters that let the end user specify the date range, and the ability to select all or specific "persons" to only show in the report... but I just cant figure out this part.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum