Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Crystal & SQL Server 2000/2005 Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:12pm
I'm used to using Crystal with Oracle and being able to see my indexed fields, but now having switched over to SQL Sever at a new company, I no longer see the index flags in Database Expert>Links. I've been assured by DBA that the fields I'm linking on are indexed, but I'm not certain Crystal is using those indexes, as I am not seeing the speed I think I should.
How can I be sure that crystal is effectively using the available indexes?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:52pm
What type of connection are you using - ODBC or OLE DB? In either case, there is no "native" connection from Crystal to SQL Server like there is for Oracle and that will explain at least some of the slowness you're seeing.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:15am
If you're set up for it, OLE DB frequently is faster than ODBC. I haven't checked, but you also may be able to get the index information through an OLE DB connection that you're not seeing through the ODBC connection.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum