Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Topic: How to get a distinct Summary from joined tables Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 3:24pm
I have two tables that are joined and I am trying to get a correct summary for 3 different fields, but my totals are way out of wack. Here is what is what I mean: Table1 - AccountID, Numfield1 Table2 AccountID, Numfield2, Numfield3
when I try to group by the AccountID and summarize I get this:
If I do a summary with only either of just one table I get my summaries fine, but when I add the second table the summaries double as does my total number of records. How can I setup the summaries to work correctly?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 4:09pm
Is there another field, probably in Table2, such as a date field, that will help identify each unique value? For example, a date or invoice number or something of the sort. If there is, I know how to do this.
Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:09pm
Are you looking for a field that is only in table two ? Obviously the AccountID is in both tables. There is a field (ShiftID) that is only in table two that would be shared by the field 2 and field 3.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum