Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sub Report total in Main Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JC2008
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote JC2008 Replybullet Topic: Sub Report total in Main Report
     Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 8:43am
I have been away from Crystal for a few years and am returning as part of a new position requirement. I know there is a way to put a sub report total into a main report, however, I cannot recall how to do it. Can anyone give me a reminder?
JC
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:09am
Shared variables.  Put the shared variable in both the sub-report and main report.
IP IP Logged
JC2008
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote JC2008 Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 9:37am
Thank you. I assume I can created a shared variable for the sub report total of the field I want to see in the main report. Then sum the sub report total variable field in the main report?
JC
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum