Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Remove data matching criteria Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gns.wsmith
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote gns.wsmith Replybullet Topic: Remove data matching criteria
     Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 3:07am
We have produced a report that lists all bills done on our clients. We have two types of bill, an "interim" and a "final". Clients can have both. Our report simply lists all bills. What we need is it to display the clients who have had only an interim bill. So in other words remove all clients that have had a final bill.
 
Each bill is a seperate line in our database.
Glenn
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:27am
this is just a thought, but I would have a group based on customer. if the customers don't repeat then I would suppress based a count of records for the customer.  1 implies only an interim, while 2 implies the final bill.
 
if the customers repeat, I would look for a field that is unique to the bill, say something like an invoice number, and then I build a group on that. I would again suppress the group based on the above criteria...the count.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
gns.wsmith
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote gns.wsmith Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:43am
Thank you for replying. Each client has a unique reference which never changes for them no matter how many times they use us. There can be several interim bills as well. I have never used a "count" option but I could say Interim = 1 and Final = 100 and then some how say if count <100 suppress. I have no idea how to do this so any help would be appreciated. I will google the count function.

Edited by gns.wsmith - 15 Dec 2009 at 6:44am
Glenn
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:04am
count will count the number of records in the report or group depending on the parameters passed. if the customer can have several interim bills  at the same time....say 4 interim and 1 final....which if I understan the scenario means 3 legitimate only interim bills, then you will need to see if there any other way to determine which iterim bill matches its corresponding final bill.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum