Topic: Report displaying saved data Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:13am
I am using crystal report's sub report feature to display Top N and Bottom N users of an application. The value N is set as a parameter and is entered by the user. When I refresh the main report, the value N is set (say 10) and the report is displayed properly. But when the report is invoked from the application (from aspx page) the report displayed saved data. In the application even if I give the value of N as 5, it displays 10 since it was the last saved value in the report.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:27am
There are a couple of things you can check:
1. Turn OFF Save Data with Report! This is on by default and you can turn it off on the File menu. I highly recommend going to Options on the file menu and turning it off globally on the Reporting tab.
2. Try to refresh the report in the viewer. If it asks for a database login, you're not setting the table logins correctly in your code. If the parameter value doesn't show the value from your application, it may not bei set correctly in your code.
Save data with report is already turned off. When I refresh the report, it doesn't ask for database credentials.
For setting the N value for Top N and Bottom N report, I am using a formula. But by default, in the Group Sort Expert tab, a default value 10 (which i entered while refreshing the report) is present. So when run through the application, it ignores the formula entered and picks this value.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum