Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula to view Data in a certain Row? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
J.J.
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote J.J. Replybullet Topic: Formula to view Data in a certain Row?
     Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
I'm trying to create a Credit Application in Crystal Reports and show the debts of users. The database is ODBC on a AS400 and the data for this information is in rows tied to a Sequence {LWDEBT.CDSEQ}.

For instance:
Seq 1 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC} {CDCRED} {CDBAL}...
Seq 2 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC} {CDCRED} {CDBAL}...
Seq 3 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC} {CDCRED} {CDBAL}...
Seq 4 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC} {CDCRED} {CDBAL}...
Seq 5 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC} {CDCRED} {CDBAL}...

Whenever I add {CDTYPE} to a report, it will only show the first row (sequence). How do I display another row like the 2nd or 3rd for {CDTYPE} using a Formula field.

I know Insert/ Cross-Tab works but I do not want that format. Can you please help?



I think I posted the same question in the wrong forum http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8589
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 2:06pm
Is this in a details section or a group header section?  Basically, it needs to be in a details section while it looks like all of the rest of your data may need to be in either a group header or footer.
 
I assume you're putting the data on an image of the application, correct?  If so, you'll need to split the image up and simulate the section you highlighted by using lines in a detail section - which will be repeated for each record in the data.
 
-Dell


Edited by hilfy - 08 Dec 2009 at 2:08pm
IP IP Logged
J.J.
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote J.J. Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 2:37pm
Everything, including the lines, text and code are in the details section. The image outlined in red is another screen (Main Report View) to show how it looks.

I need to know what code in the Formula Field do I need to show the second row of data: Seq 2 = {CDTYPE} {CDDESC}


IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 6:32am

You're going to need to group by something - possibly something unique that identifies the person submitting the application - and put the data that only appears once in either the group header (above the debt details) or the group footer (below them.)  Then put the debt information in the details section.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum