Hopefully I can explain this enough that it makes sense. I have a report where I have set up a parameter group with two parameters, school and class. This was the only way I could see to make the class values dependent on the selected school value. The parameters are dynamic and based on id and name fields in tables in the database. The parameter group works in that when a school is selected the class dropdown only contains the classes that belong to the selected school.
The problem is that for some reason the school dropdown list does not contain near the number of schools that it should. If I set up a parameter just for school I get everything that I would expect. But for some reason when I add the dependent parameter for class the majority of schools do not appear in the list. Unfortunately I can't just create two separate parameters since there would be a ridiculous amount of classes to choose from and duplicate names that would make it impossible for the user to get the right class for the selected school.
I have tried setting up the parameters different ways with the same result each time. I went so far as to create a view in the database so that school and class information would be seen as if it were in the same table but that did not make a difference either. Running a query on what I would think crystal is doing gives me all the schools.
I would appreciate any ideas since I am stumped. Please don't think, "Oh, I'm sure he tried that so I won't comment." Hopefully I'm not overlooking something simple but I won't pretend it hasn't happened.