|
I have a tricky requirement to print "Continued" at the bottom of a page if the subreport is going to print across multiple pages.
I know there is no page footer in a subreport, so obviously I need to use the page footer on the main report.
My idea is to use shared variables, and what I have setup seems to work, but I'm not getting the results I expected.
Here's are the formulas I have setup, and where they are placed within the reports.
Please note
- all these formulas are basic syntax).
- The subreport is in a details section of my main report
Report Header of Main Report
WhilePrintingRecords
Shared PrintingSecurities as Boolean
PrintingSecurities = false
formula = ""
Report Header of Sub Report
WhilePrintingRecords
Shared PrintingSecurities as boolean
PrintingSecurities = true
formula = ""
Report Footer of Sub Report
WhilePrintingRecords
Shared PrintingSecurities as boolean
PrintingSecurities = false
formula = ""
Page Footer of Main Report
WhilePrintingRecords
Shared PrintingSecurities as boolean
formula = PrintingSecurities
I'd just be happy to see "True" at the bottom of the page for now, so I will know this shared variable setup works, however unfortunately I only see false in all of the page footers.
I've also created a debug display formula that looks just like the Page Footer formula, and put that in the subreport details sections, and I can clearly see "True" being printed as the value, even across a page break, but right smack in the middle of that printing, the page footer prints false.
Any ideas on what could be wrong here? I'd appreciate any help, or maybe another idea!
Thanks,
--Michael
|