Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Mailing Label Troubles Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Bigced21
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Bigced21 Replybullet Topic: Mailing Label Troubles
     Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:38am
I have a Mailing Label that i'm creating for Single License Holders (has one license type) and Multi license Holders (has two License different License Types)and I want to create just one report with two sub-reports.  One subreport as the Single Lic Holder and the other subreport as Multi Lic Holder.  First off is this even possible? 
 
Also what I'm racking my brain about is in my selection process for the main report.  I want to be able to select two license types that's passed to both subreports and only pulls back the contacts of my selected license types.  Now when that criteria is passed to the sub-report for Multi License holders, I only need the contact mailing label printed once instead of twice since he/she has two license types.  What i have to setup a distinct on that particular sub-report?
 
Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:17am
I am guessing that it is possible, I don't use subreports much. 
 
As to the duplication, print the label in the group header or footer instead of the details, then you only get 1 label per group instead of the actual number of detail lines.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Bigced21
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Bigced21 Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:44am
But if i add a grouping instead of having 2 columns with 7 rows it only displays 1 column and 7 rows
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:35am
well...then you will need to select distinct but I don't select from the tables directly ( I use stored procs ).  As another path, I would try suppressing the detail section if it is a duplicate.  Section Expert/Suppress/x-1 button.
 
enter logic that defines when a record is a duplicate, I would probable use Next() or Previous() to check if the label has been printed already.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum