Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Topic: Report design advice needed! Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:37am
Hi All,
Right i need to make a report that enables our Sales department to see 'at a glance' bookings for certain rooms over the next 12 months, is this something that could be achieved by modifying the functionality of a gantt chart?
The report is currently made manually in Excell and looks something like this:
January
M T W T F S S M T W T F S S(weeks go further onto the end of the month). Room 1 X X X X X X X X X X X X Room 2 X X X X X X X X X X Room 3 X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
So it just lets them know where there is free space where they could try and find a client to fill.
Is this something that can be done via a Gantt or other chart? or is there a simpler/ better solution?
Joined: 11 Nov 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:55am
Hi DBlank - thanks for getting back to me.
The data stored in the database is as follows:
Client name, name of event, date it starts, date it ends
(date started/ended is in MM/DD/YYYY format).
To confirm there are no tables/ columns for actual dates (like days in a month/ months in a year) - I was hoping I could resolve this by writing a formula.
I've started playing with cross-tabs and it appears that you need the data to be present in the database though :(
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:42am
I was hoping you had one row per day. Would have made it easier and a crosstab would have been a simple solution
I am not real sure on how I would approach this. Usually I would recommend creating a source table that has every day in it and outer joining to it, but as you have rows than span multiple days it makes it trickier.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum