Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help:How to suppress a the page if there is a -ve Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Nav522
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 25 Aug 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 166
Quote Nav522 Replybullet Topic: Help:How to suppress a the page if there is a -ve
     Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:16am
Hello FOlks,
      I have a report which has a Recovery column in the Manireport detail A section. I have 2 subreports that are placed in the Detail B nd Detail C section of the main report respectively. NOw my requirement is i have to suppress  that specific page if the recovery is Negative in Detail A section and the subreports as well for that specific page. Someone said that we can use shared variables. I have no clue how to use it. Can anyone throw some light on this. Thanks a million.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:22am
I haven't tried suppressing a page, I usually suppress a section. Since you want to suppress a group 'above' the details section, what I would do it devise a test to see if the Recovery is negative.  Once it has been printed, CR doesn't hide, and it sounds like you want to suppress only if Details a-c are negative, which implies that a might be negative and c won't need...So you need to test to determine if the recovery is negative, say in teh group header, before you do any printing of details, then you can suppress the group correctly.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum