Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help Required on Crystal Server 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JamesSalisbury
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JamesSalisbury Replybullet Topic: Help Required on Crystal Server 2008
     Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:37pm
Hello,

I have created a custom report and imported this into the CMC, I have scheduled the report to run and create PDF files.

The report and the instances are created no problem.

I need specific users within an Active Directory group have the ability to see the PDF instances files within Info View, within the default enterprise location folder.

Can someone please help me with the directions to set this up the security to allow users to see only the instances.

Many Thanks for your help
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:26am
I don't think that CR is very aware of active directory, but if the output file are in directories, can't you set the permissions on the directories?  I'm not much of an expert on active directory, but that would be the way to go, I would think.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum