Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Group Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
KellyL250
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote KellyL250 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Group Footer
     Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:19am
I know this is probably really simple, but I've been pawing through all my books and I can't find it.
 
I need to suppress the Group Footer when there is only one row in the Group.
 
I tried all sorts of things trying to count the rows in the group to no avail.
 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thanks in advance.
 
 
Larry
 
PS.  CR XI R2
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:25am
Create a sum field on a field in the detail section and calculate it as a COUNT. Add it to the group footer of the group. Go to section expert, suppress formula editor and suppress where the Count of field<2 or where Count of field=1.
 
Hopefully that will help.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 10:26am
In your section expert add in a conditional suppression on your GF:
Count (Somefield that exists in each row here, grouped field here)=1
IP IP Logged
KellyL250
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote KellyL250 Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:25pm
Thanks Guys,
 
I was trying to use a count() function in a formula for a Running Total Field. 
 
I hadn't noticed the "Type of Summary" drop down box just below "The Field to Summarize." Duh!
 
That has allowed me to suppress the two Accumlating Fields (Total Pcs and Total Price) when there is only one entry in the group.
 
I was hoping to be able to suppress the whole Group Footer so the extra space wasn't used but it seems to suppress the Whole Group so the entries that have only one line item don't show up at all.
 
If anyone knows a way to do that, I'd be happy to hear it but I can live nicely with what I have now.
 
Thanks again
 
Larry
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:45pm

As you found the RTs are summary functions so you do not use summary function again in it.

IN the section Expert select the GF and clci on the formula field next to Suppress No Drill Down and add in your suppression condition there. Thi sis going to be a count of a field that exists on each row (no NULLs) at the group level so it is function(field to summarize, field group on):
example:
COUNT({table.ItemNumber},{table.employee})=1
IP IP Logged
KellyL250
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote KellyL250 Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:11pm
That's got it.  Thanks so much.
 
I'm pretty good with VB and SQL but I haven't worked with a report writer since the DOS days....that's dating myself isn't....but this forum looks like a great place to get relief from pounding my head on the wall.
 
Hey one other question...Is there an automatic way to center a text object across the width of the page?  I've got the center the text in the text object but for report titles I thought there would be a way to just click and have it center on the page.  I've been hunting for a button for that but haven't found it.
 
Thanks again
 
Larry
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
Not that I am aware of.
One way to manage it is to create a vertical guideline in the cinter of your page (upper ruler in design) and then anchor your objects off of it using the center point of the text object.


Edited by DBlank - 01 Dec 2009 at 2:16pm
IP IP Logged
KellyL250
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote KellyL250 Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:51pm

Thanks anyway. It just seemed such a natural thing that I spent a lot of time looking for it because I thought it had to be there.

 
Oh well.
 
Thanks again
 
Larry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum